LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLL issue

Hi Everybody,
i'm very confused, please help me:
i would like to create a cvi .DLL to be used in case of machine vision applications.
each application require multiple configuration in the parameter of its functions. So i'm thinking Instead of making this configuration by modifying the parameters with an
.ini file, i would create a .uir file of setting with a custom panel for each function (to directly follow the change of parameters on the image window and avoiding the repetition of modification and saving of the .ini file before execution) .
Does this is feasible and .dll can contains .uir file in addition to .c file?
In below a capture of my first .uir test for a simple functionality which i want to integrate it into my DLL

Thank you So much for your Help !!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,901 Views)

Hey,

To begin, can I take it that what you are developing is a Test System which utilises machine vision which you are packing into a DLL. For each test system the calibration parameters or patterns to match can differ and therefore you need a method of having these parameters unique to each test station, accessible by your DLL and modifiable potentially by your DLL which is then called by a third party application.

One thing I would keep in mind is that TestStand would accommodate this more, there is a step specifically for loading properties from a file which you could do at the beginning and then call a function in the DLL to set these parameters.

Anyway, for your particular request I was able to locate this example:

http://www.ni.com/example/26354/en/

Which does also mention that you need to explicitly make some includes and how you configure this. Another note I would make is to take a look at DLL Entry Points, you should probably load and unload configuration settings on Process Attach and Process Detach.

Best regards,

Ed

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,863 Views)

Hi
What I want to do exactly is that my dll imports for each feature its proper configuration interface like the one I created it instead for another user to configure it easily and clearly without the need to Open a file. Ini or access the source code for this change.
What I have done is just a small example to know if it is feasible or not to fix my development path and after that I will take in considiration any information about calibration and coordinate system.
By the way i can't use TestStand because my teacher has fixed these objectivfs as well as the software available to use.
Thank you.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,842 Views)

Have you had a chance to look through the example that Ed posted? That looks like it could be useful for you. In addition, I found a few other resources.

FAQ: Using Dynamic Link Libraries with NI LabWindows™/CVI™

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/3341/en/

How To Create a DLL from a LabWindows™/CVI Instrument Driver

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/9E1411A470C12C258625707E0008DB52

Can you clarify what your questions are about the code that you posted?

Maggie M.
Application Engineer
National Instruments.
http://www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,778 Views)

Brief , What I want to do exactly is that my .DLL imports for each fonctionnality its proper configuration's GUI like the one attached belowGUI of Setting.JPG, to be used by another user easily without the need to open a file. Ini or access the source code to change some parameters in case of  product changes occur.

Also, I'm planning to call my DLL from my CVI environment 2015SP1  which already has the "development licence activation"

Concerning my project,  developping a machine vision application using Vision development module and CVI which enable me the: 

-Identification of parts (OCR/barcode/data matrix)

-Dimensional inspection of the parts

-Defects Detection

- Inspection of Components (Color/Monochrome)

-Objects Classification 

In addition to that
This application must be generic, ie: the most important parameters that define the different algorithms of these functionalities must be modifiable for each change of product due to my GUI of Setting

Best Regards,

Mohamed-Khedhiri ARROUMA

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,767 Views)

have you tried following the instructions in the link that Maggie sent you? There are step-by-step instructions there that detail how to create a DLL from LabWindows/CVI 

Mitchell Faltin | NI

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,744 Views)

Not yet, but i will
Thank you for your attention

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,731 Views)