LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLL creation with VC++ and Labwindow cvi

I am working on the project which basically to comunicate with USB Device . I have created prject using VC++ and also seperate project created using Labwindows CVI . I am able to generate DLL both in VC++ as well as LAB Windows CVI . When i run VC++ DLL iam able to interact with USB device But i have problem with DLL created with LAB Window cvi which is unbale to interact with USB Device . Would like to is there any setting i need to make in LAB Window CVI to get the DLL working
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,669 Views)
Hi,

There are a couple of things that you need to take into account:

+Make sure that the CVI Run-Time engine is intalled in the computer where you want to run the DLL. You can create an installer for the dll that would install the run-time engine.

+Create a debug DLL, attach the exe that runs the dll as an external process and then you can debug line by line the code for the DLL in CVI. Here is more info this: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/6901DBC7E7A83668862565FA00735CEC?OpenDocument

+Check the functions that you are using to acccess the USB device. CVi can't compile kernel level code. However CVI can call the Window SDK to access the kernel.

I hope this information helps you to get started.

Regards,

Juan Carlos
N.I.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,669 Views)