From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLL Init Error: Windows unable to load the estapi.dll

After finding and putting the needed windows DLL in the system folder, and rebuilding my project, now I get the error: DLL Init error: Windows unable to load DLL "C:\pathname\estapi.dll". The estapi.dll is resedent in the specified directory. Thank you.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,939 Views)
This usually means there is another DLL or file that this DLL is dependent on that is missing. You can use the Microsoft Visual Studio tool Depends to check what dependencies that DLL has. Most likely you will find it depends on another DLL that is missing. If you don't have Visual Studio, you would have to find another tool to check the DLL dependencies.

Best Regards,

Chris Matthews
National Instruments
Message 2 of 4
(2,939 Views)
I used the tool Depends. It identified the dll I was missing. I put the required dll in the system folder. Rebuilt the project and ran. The error message reported was: "DLL INIT Error: Windows cant open the DLL." I just figured it out! the two MS DLLs were mismatched. Once I put both from NT onto 95 it worked. Thanks so much!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,939 Views)
Thanks Allot! Chris You rock!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,939 Views)