LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIO triggering

I am using an E-series DAQ card. The system is reading a waveform from a function generator. It needs to trigger a DIO line (set it high for few seconds) when the value at Analog input is at certain value (e.g @ peak or zero crossing set by a control on front panel) It's going to be one shot operation. I was wondering if it can be accomplisghed without adding any external hardware/circuit to E-series DAQ card.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,015 Views)
Hello Labtek,

Depending on what DAQ card you have, doing this without external hardware shouldn�t be a problem. Please let me know exactly what card you are using, which development environment (LabVIEW, CVI, or other) you are using, along with versions, and any other specifics on what you are trying to do, and I�ll be happy to help you get this configured.

Have a nice day!

Robert M
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Robert Mortensen
Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,015 Views)
I have two DAQ cards. I would like to use both of them if possible. 1) PCI 6070E & 2)NI DAQCard-6036E for PCMCIA. I am trying to measure Inrush current of an AC operated device. I would like to energize a Random on SSR (solid state relay)based on various position of an AC voltage waveforms, eg. zero crossing or positive peak or negative peak or at any position realtive to zero crossing of the AC voltage waveform. I would like to be able to turn the SSR withing 5 ms of the analog trigger deterministically. I know that using E-series DAQ card I can use Analog trigger to start various analog tasks but I am wondering what is the best method to energize a DIO consistently & deterministically , trigger after trigger.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,015 Views)
I am using Labview 7.0 for this project
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,015 Views)
Labtek,

It looks like there is an example that exactly fits what you are trying to do. In the NI Example Finder, look for �Gen Dig Pulse-Dig-Start.vi.� To the right of the list of examples in the Example Finder, there is a text box describing each example. These descriptions are very detailed and should help you with the initial setup. Let me know if this example works for you, or what else we need to do to get your system working.

Have a nice day!

Robert M
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Robert Mortensen
Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,015 Views)