Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DBConnect To remote DB

Hello,

I trying to connect to remote Database.

I don't want use ADO or ODBC provider.

How can connect? It is possible?

I am trying write DbConnect("xxx:xxx:xxx:xxx;UID=myNaMe;PWD=MyPassword"); but it not working.

Best Regard

Boris

Best Regards
Boris
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,408 Views)

Hi Boris,

I have a few questionss

1) Why do you not want to use ADO or ODBC?

2) Is there another toolkit you are using other to connect to the server?

3) Which version of CVI are you using?

4) Depending on the version of CVI and what modules you have installed for the software, there should be an example located here: 

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\National Instruments\CVI\samples\sql\simple\connect.cws

This performs a simple connect I am curious to see if you get any errors from it

5) What is the error you are getting?

Best,

-KP

Kurt P
Automated Test Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,391 Views)
Hi
Thank you for your response.

1. I want to create the application that working with a remote database. The problem is when I need to distribute the app, I will need supply mysql odbc connector, and write all parameters throw odbc. This way can be very problematically for some users.
If you know the way how can I distribute my cvi application with odbc connector and automatically configure database parameters in odbs, it can be a good enough solution. But it must be not difficulty then press on next,next for end users.
2. No. I use cvi SQL toolkit , last version.
3. Currently I working on cvi 2010 . But I want to upgrade to 2013. This can be problematic?
4. I know this example. In this example the connection is to CVI SQL samples. This connection configured in odbc. By the way, how national automatically write this configuration to odbc.

Best regards
Boris

Best Regards
Boris
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,383 Views)

Hey Boris,

What kind of database is it? We will still need to connect to it through some kind of database driver, did you have another one in mind? What kind of errors will your users get? Are you able to connect to the database through some other means? What specific parameters in ODBC are you refering to? 

There are a few forum posts that may be useful. Look at DaveC's comment in this one 

-KP

Edit: Upgrading to 2013 show not be problematic.

Also, what is the version of the database software you are using and what operating system are you developing on?

Kurt P
Automated Test Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,366 Views)