From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ assistant

Am trying to use DAQ assistant in LabWindows/CVI but returns the following error "This feature requires labWindows support for NI-DAQmx.Please install LabWindows support for NI-DAQmx from the NI Device drivers media or check the installation".Please assist on what am supposed to do or the path to this drivers.Thanks

moses

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,993 Views)

You must install DAQmx driver for using NI data acquisition devices. DAQmx is usually distributed together with the devices, in any case it can be downloaded here choosing the appropriate version depending on your OS and the devices you want to use.

Keep in mind that DAQmx must be installed on the system after CVI has been installed, so that is can detect its presence and installa appropriate support files, which are the one you are missing at present. If you have already installed DAQmx you must reinstall it to load CVI support files.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(3,988 Views)

Thanks Roberto for your guidance, wish i can get an answer to this too, i have an antenna on my 5601 and am trying to capture RF signals,do i need to create a channel in DAQ or by invoking the 5601 will trigger the antenna to sniff signals of a particular frequency.

thanks,

moses

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,982 Views)

I cannot help you as I have no experience on RF signals.

But please do not span a single question over multiple threads!

Discussion for this last topic continues here.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(3,978 Views)

ok.thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,973 Views)