LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Widgets (meters and compass)

I am preparing a GUI and am looking for custom/customizable widgets (and don't want to reinvent the wheel). The two applications are for replicating a compass (0-360 degrees, North up) and providing background sectors on a numericmeter to show acceptable/unacceptable ranges of values (ie somehow make red and green zones).
Is there anything out there that I can access - or a recipe for customizing the distributed widgets (numericgauge and numericmeter.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,696 Views)
I'm not sure about the specific controls that you want but you can look at how custom controls are made by viewing the source for the custom controls that come with CVI in the cvi\toolslib\custctrl directory. There are also example projects that show how to use these in the cvi\samples\userint\custctrl directory.

Jason F.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
www.ni.com/ask
Message 2 of 10
(4,696 Views)

I spent a few minutes making a compass rose display the other day, I'll attach it here i anyone wants to use it.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,349 Views)

With reference to acceptable / non acceptable ranges, you can try experimenting with color ramp settings that are available for some numeric controls (all but numeric and color numeric), like in the example below:

Message Edited by Roberto Bozzolo on 12-23-2008 08:45 AM

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community

i'm trying to use your image to create a compass but i don't know how make it as control and custom it. Can you help me)

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,245 Views)

how i can use the .ctl file?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,240 Views)

i made it thanks!

now i'm tryng to set the value of the red indicator (see image) but i can't. I want set the angulation.

can you help me?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,229 Views)

I point out exactly in this image

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,228 Views)

Hi, I answered in your other thread with a possible solution for a compass. In the future try not to spread the same question over multiple threads to avoid confusion.

The controls used there are standard CVI controls so you can set their values with a simple SetCtrlVal; is there a special reason for using an ActiveX control like the one you showed us?

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(3,207 Views)