LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corrupt installer (analysis.cab)

Hi Wolfgang

this sounds more or less what I found some years ago!

In your case it is a pdf file (in my case was a txt) included into the distribution kit but not in the prj.

For this reason the absolute path of the file is used and it brings to this problem, but (in my case) only if the cab is larger that 109MB.

For smaller cab files I saw the error during the build process.

I hope that with your effort we can find the real source of this issue...

Vix
-------------------------------------------
In claris non fit interpretatio

Using LV from 7
Using LW/CVI from 6.0
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 22
(1,578 Views)

Hello NI,

I have uploaded the file wolfgang.zip to your ftp/incoming site, containing the two cds files, the one resulting in the corrupted analysis cab and the one yielding a working distribution kit.

Please let me know if I can contribute further to resolve this (obviously old) issue.

@vix: yes, the readme file is included in the distribution but not included in the project. However, my distribution kit size is smaller than your limit and can't be reduced further...

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 22
(1,575 Views)

Hi ,

I'm very sorry for the long waiting time but I was ill the last view days and so I will escalate this issue to R&D tomorrow and post you later on the CAR number for this issue.

I hope this is fine for you?

Kind Regards,

Oleg Scherling, M.Eng | Applications Engineering | National Instruments | NIG |

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 22
(1,550 Views)

Hi Oleg,

of course this is fine with me, I am glad you recovered! Don't worry about the few days of delay, it will take much more time to have it fixed anyway... Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 22
(1,547 Views)

Hi ,

I have create a CAR and sent it to R&D so let’s see what they will say to this issue.

Here the Request #: 432113

Kind Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 22
(1,539 Views)

Hi Wolfgang,

I've just remembered that while trying to find the reason for my corrupt cab file, NI asked me to send the install log file (see here).

Maybe you have already done it, but if not, this could help Smiley Wink

Vix
In claris non fit interpretatio

Using LV from 7
Using LW/CVI from 6.0
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 22
(1,530 Views)

Hi ,

I got an answer from R&D and they need something to reproduce the issue and the exact steps how to do that.

So please upload everything I need to do this at our FTP server with the step by step instruction.

Kind Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 22
(1,523 Views)

@SG3 wrote:

So please upload everything I need to do this at our FTP server with the step by step instruction.

Hi Oleg,

please could you be more specific: Will the install log file mentioned by vix be sufficient, or what else is required?

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 22
(1,519 Views)

Hi

They required your Project and the exact steps how exactly you build it and run into this error on the WinXP PC and also how you get your application work on the Win7 PC.

Kind Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 22
(1,516 Views)

HI ,

R&D and I are still waiting for your Project and the exact steps to reproduce your issue.

Kind Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 22
(1,492 Views)