LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling Leica DMI6000 with labview

Hi,

I'm trying to control a Leica DMI 6000b microscope with labview. I've been able to control the stage and the camera but not the microscope itself. Leica promised to send me serial commands for controlling the shutters but that has not happened yet. Right now its controlled by a simplePCI microscope control software. Has anyone dealt with controlling microscope control on Labview or has any drivers that i can look at/ modify?

My last resort would be listening to the port when the software sends commands to the microscope right? I got one of those but i can't tease out the commands from the junk that fills up the screen.

Thanks,
Anand at duke
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,033 Views)
Hi Anand,

I understand you are trying to control your Leica microscope with LabVIEW.  While this is very possible given the right serial commands, I'm afraid you are not going to be able to decipher those commands simply by examining the line.  Additionally, I was not able to find any Leica drivers on the National Instruments Instrument Drivers Network (www.ni.com/idnet).  Your best best is going to be waiting on the serial commands from Leica. 

I apologize for not being able to help any further, but good luck getting the commands from Leica and with the rest of your application.  Please don't hesitate to contact our support lines with future questions or simply post again on the Discussion Forums. 

Sincerely,

Chris G.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
Sincerely,

Chris G in AE
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,996 Views)

Hi Anand,

I had similar problem to control Leica stereomicroscope. Turned out Leica does provide .NET libraries to users under restricting conditions and without much support but they do work and, with some pain and frustration, can be made to work under LabVIEW. You need to contact their sales associates to request libraries which work with camera-based as well as laser-scanning microscopes.

If you have futher questions, please, write to me smirnov.alx@gmail.com .

Aleksandr Smirnov / NIH

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,041 Views)