LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection problems with an access database

I'm using W2000 and SQL toolkit 2.0.5.
When I launch my software, I can connect to a "test.mdb" database with DBConnect and deconnect after.
I change the name of the base by "retest.mdb" and try to connect, it's fail and normal because I didn't change the DSN.

my probleme is just after when I replace again the database name by "test.mdb", first try to connection is OK and after it's fail. if I wait few times , I can connect again.

I didn't have this problem before windows update (I think) and don't have this one on others PC, and my configuration seems to be normal.

if I shut down the software and restart it i can connect normally .

Do you have some idea on that? already seen?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,630 Views)
If you are only having this problem on one machine make sure that the configuration on that machine is identical to the configuration of the working machines (same OS, same versions of LabWindows/CVI and toolkits). Also you might want to look into upgrading to version 2.0.6 of the SQL Toolkit. Some Windows 2000 issues have been fixed with 2.0.6.

Make sure that your DBConnect calls have all the necessary parameters. The following may or may not help you out:

DBConnect Example

Lastly, make sure that your database drivers have been properly installed. Incorrect database drivers can cause the first database function call to fail.

I hope this helps. If not ple
ase post again with more details. Good Luck!

Craig H.

ps. This discussion may also prove helpful: SQL Toolkit under Windows 2000
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,630 Views)