From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conflict with LabWindows/CVI TCP and McAfee VirusScan

I am using LabWindows/CVI 6.0. I need to transfer data via the Internet and wish to use the simple LabWindows/CVI TCP library.

I have McAfee VirusScan 7.0 and McAfee Firewall 4.0 installed on my computer. The person who will be using this program has the same McAfee software installed.

I am trying to run the sample tcp/client and tcp/server programs included with LabWindows/CVI. The server program runs fine. Never a problem with the server.

The client program always fails in the call to ConnectToTCPServer(). The result is -2. Always. It does not matter if the server is on the same machine or a different machine. It does not matter what port I use.

The problem exists even if I stop all McAfee software.
I can set the McAfee software to be disabled at boot time. Even after rebooting, the ConnectToTCPServer() call will fail with -2.

The only solution I have found is to uninstall all McAfee software. With no McAfee software on the machine, the client program will run just fine.

This is been tested on Windows 2000, and Windows 95. Same results on both these platforms.

I firmly believe that there is a conflict between the McAfee software and LabWindows/CVI 6.0.

Can anyone verify this and give me a work around that does not involve uninstalling all McAfee software?

Thank you very much,
Bill Jacobs
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,531 Views)