LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure an application start policy

I am using cvi 6.0 to develop an application , I 'd like to configure my application has such features :
when start Windows 2000 ,system can skip the user log on procedure ,directly load my application ,and before show the windows desktop , my application has been running .How to arrange the schedule ? your advise is highly appreciated .

David
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,807 Views)
Some ways for logging automatically to a windows 2000 machine can be found here.

The next step is to put your applications in the startus folder and every time you turn on the PC you'll come into your application with no need for any action.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(2,807 Views)
Hi Roberto ,

I try to place cvi.exe into the start folder , but it seems that it still shows the windows desktop first, and then loading cvi . I mean that it just run cvi and always make it at the top . Please give a detail solution . Thansk.

David
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,807 Views)
Up to windows 98 you could use your application as the shell to the OS, placing it in system.ini instead of explorer.exe. By this means the usual windows desktop is not shown at all: only your application is running. I dn't know if this is possible under win2000 too, but this can be tested easily.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(2,807 Views)
Check out this really extensive article on this. There are a couple of ways to set this up. The Run key in the registry usually does the trick for me though.

Bilal Durrani
NI
Bilal Durrani
NI
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,807 Views)