LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Circle Decorations - Solid Color?

The color of classic flat circle decorations are not solid; pixels of the background color show through.

The flat frame and rectangle decorations are totally solid, just circles have the problem.

Is there a way to make the circles completely solid in color or were they designed this way for visual effect?

Scott T

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,426 Views)

The Circle decoration should be opaque. I am not able to reproduce any background color showing through. Do you have a screenshot?

What version of CVI are you using?

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,417 Views)

May not be the best picture, but you can see the circle contains black dots, while the rectangle sitting on top is solid without black dots.

I'm using the latest CVI 2012 DS3, but this effect goes back to at least 6.0

As a follow up question, is there a way to increase the thickness of the circle outline?

Circle Decoration.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,411 Views)
  1. It seems that you are talking about the flat round frame, not the flat circle..?
  2. On Win7 / CVI2012 I also see these dots. However, I did not notice them on earlier versions of CVI and XP
  3. I am not aware of a possibility to change the frame thickness
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,399 Views)

That's correct, it's the flat round frame. Sorry for any confusion.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,397 Views)

I have just tried and found that also on Win XP the frame is not solid but speckled (CVI2012)

dotted_frame.png

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,353 Views)

I have filed a bug and you can track it with Known Issue ID 373393.

Wolfgang, you mentioned that you did not see this in previous versions? I can't find a version/OS combo that does not reproduce this. I went back to 6.0 with Windows XP.

As a workaround, you can use a Canvas control to draw the frame. Set the background color to transparent, set the pen width and color, then draw an oval. Try the following code:

SetCtrlAttribute (panelHandle, PANEL_CANVAS, ATTR_PICT_BGCOLOR, VAL_TRANSPARENT);
SetCtrlAttribute(panelHandle, PANEL_CANVAS, ATTR_PEN_WIDTH, 4);
SetCtrlAttribute (panelHandle, PANEL_CANVAS, ATTR_PEN_COLOR, VAL_RED);
CanvasDrawOval (panelHandle, PANEL_CANVAS, MakeRect(0,0, 100, 100), VAL_DRAW_FRAME);

National Instruments
Message 7 of 9
(4,339 Views)

Hi,

my phrase of 'didn't notice it earlier' was meant to express that I never realized it before... not that it was working properly before - sorry for the misleading wording... (it's all too obvious that I am not a native speaker...)

...and thank you for the idea with the Canvas! Although I am not using circular decorations myself it might be a good idea to replace all decorations with a canvas which might provide more flexible shapes... I will try that later-on

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,336 Views)

Resolved in CVI2013 Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,854 Views)