LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the name of serial communication example in lab windows. Urgent help required

I am using the example of getting data from rs 232 in lab windows. I want to use this in my final year project that's why I want to change its name that appears as  "serial communication example" how can I change its name and how can I make its exe file that will run on any system even without lab windows.

How can I modify this example to save the data. I am very new to lab windows, I was using hyper terminal previously.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,000 Views)

(1) Change the panel title of the serial.uir to something else.

(2) Running an EXE built with CVI requires that at least the CVI Run-Time Engine is installed on that PC.

(3) CVI comes with a File I/O that contains all you need.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,998 Views)

the title is not getting changed. i have tried to click at tiltle but it is not having any text format in it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,995 Views)

If you haven't worked with CVI right now: Have a look at the "Getting Started with LabWindows/CVI" manual that comes with CVI.  This thoroughly answers all basic questions.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,994 Views)

@samiii wrote:

the title is not getting changed. i have tried to click at tiltle but it is not having any text format in it.

(1) Open the *.uir.

(2) Select Edit >> Panel.

(3) Specify the Panel Title.

Message 5 of 7
(3,993 Views)

yes i got 🙂 thank you

can i save the data that i receive from my com port,as i was able to save the data in hyperterminal. can i also save in it.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,988 Views)

I am not informed about the file format that hyperterminal uses.  However, CVI allows wiring to files.  To get a list of functions that deal with file handling, press <Ctrl-Shift-p> to get the "Find Function Panel" dialog.  Type in "file" and press the "Find" button.  This will open a list of funtions that contain "file" in their name.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,983 Views)