LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing size of panel

I have a panel which I would like to reduce it's size along with all it's components. Is there a quick way of varying/changing it's size?
T.I.A.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,810 Views)
Yes, SetPanelSize is a function you can use. Make sure you have configured the panel to scale the contents on resize (SetPanelAttribute (panelHandle, ATTR_SCALE_CONTENTS_ON_RESIZE, 1);).

Best Regards,

Chris Matthews
National Instruments
Message 2 of 4
(2,810 Views)
Do you know if there is a way of doing it in the .uir file?? Along the lines of highlighting the panel and somehow changing its size?? If not then I will go with the SetPanelSize function.

T.I.A.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,810 Views)
You can change it in the UIR editor, by double-clicking on the panel and setting its properties. If you mean at run-time, you shouldn't edit the UIR file at run-time, it's a resource file that really shouldn't be changed at run-time. If you want to save the state of the panel from run-time (size, values of indicators, etc) you can use SavePanelState and RestorePanelState. You could also use an INI file where you are saving off the panel size and using SetPanelSize when you load the program that you read from the INI file.

Chris
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,810 Views)