LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Control Styles

Is there a simple way to convert 5.0 control styles in a UIR to new CVI 6
controls with all the characateristics of the original control, that is
wihtout havinf to retype them (Min, max, value pairs, colors etc?)

Thanks

LVilla
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,559 Views)
When i ran my CVI application under MS XP the first time, i decided i want to replace all buttons by 3D buttons, but only when the application runs under XP. My application has about 80 panels. So i wrote a function XP_PanelConform() to be called after loading a panel. It puts a 3D button on top of each button in a panel, depending on a flag in the ini file and on the MS system running. This function loads a background image for the panel as well.. Then there is another function XP_CtrlIdMap() called from the control callback common to all controls of a panel. This function maps the 3D button id (basically unknown to the existing software) into the original buttons control id, so callback functions basically need not be changed. Later i got two more functions XP_GetCt
rlAttribute() and XP_SetCtrlAttribute() to handle attributes of button controls.
This approach to get everything more XP-like took about one day and i am still with one UIR file.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,559 Views)
In the Tools menu, there is an item called "Convert UI to Lab Style". Is this what you're looking for?

Luis Gomes
NI
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,559 Views)