From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot locate entry point in msvcrt.dll

Solved!
Go to solution

When installing my program (created with LabWindows 'Build Distribution') on a specific computer I get the following error:

"The procedure entry point_except_handler4_common could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll"

I understand this is usually due to an older dll being on the installation computer as compared to the dll it was linked with, and I verified that is the case.

The target computer is current on all updates, but the target computer is Windows XP, while the development computer is Windows 7.  I have not had issues with this configuration with other programs, but perhaps the other programs were not looking for this entry point.   The installation has installed successfully on other Windows 7 machines. 

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Angie

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,176 Views)

Hi Angie,

Is there an error code associated with the message you are seeing?  Would you mind posting a screen shot of the error dialog?

A few more questions -- what version of CVI are you using?  Are you including the run-time engine in your build?  Does your target machine have CVI already installed on it -- and if so, what version?

Thanks!

Regards,

Stephanie R.

National Instruments

Stephanie R.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,154 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,135 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author AMM

Something to check is to make sure that the distribution kit is not including Windows System files in the distribution kit from the development PC.  It can do this if you have libraries in your project from the Windows SDK or DDK (like ShFolder.lib).  When this happens the software will generally install and run fine on a computer running the same Windows version as the development machine but all kinds of problems happen when you try installing on another version.

Message 4 of 6
(5,128 Views)

I'm having the exact same issue when launching the 2015 Driver Station (labview 2014 for FRC). 

I try understanding the solution but honestly failed.

Actually I get additional error windows.  I beliueve I have them all in the screen garb below.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,665 Views)

There's actually a separate forum for the FIRST robotics competition. You should post this question there, and it will be seen and addressed faster by our engineers 🙂

https://decibel.ni.com/content/community/academic/student_competitions/frc?view=discussions

Regards,

Kristen M

Automated Test Product Marketing Engineer
National Instruments
Message 6 of 6
(3,642 Views)