From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot install NI-DAQmx on Dell Optiplex 3010

I am trying to install NI Drivers on Dell Optiplex 3010 machines.  We have many of these machines - our IT department appears to have stocked up on them.  During installation of the NI Drivers the installation will simply stop progressing when it hits some % complete (the actual % varies from one installation attempt to the next).  There are no error messages, no timeouts, etc.  - it will simply stay at that point and never progress or stop until the machine is rebooted.

I have traced it down to the NI-DAQmx drivers.  I can install all of the other drivers as long as I don't install NI-DAQmx (or anything that depends on it).  Even just trying to install NI-DAQmx without other drivers that depend on it produces the same issue.  I have not had any driver installation issues on other Win7 machines that are not Optiplex 3010s.

Anybody else see this or have any ideas on how to resolve it?

Thanks in advance,
Devin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,251 Views)

Hello dbentley!

Some thoughts:

1. Sometimes, the windows installers can encounter problems during the installation progress, due to the Windows Update manager. Have you tried installing the required updates on your Windows machine (I'm assuming you are using Windows 7), before installing the NI Drivers?
  2. Are you running the installers from the network? Have you confirmed that there are no network issues (e.g. connection drops) to that machine?

Best regards!

- Johannes

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,228 Views)

Hello!

Do you have your firewall turned on? Sometimes that can interfere with driver installations. Another thing to check is adminstrator privliges. Try running the DAQmx installer as an adminstrator by right clicking on the setup.exe file.

Thomas N.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,214 Views)