LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect two externals of a switch through a configuration channel

I am trying to develop an IVI driver for a switch we have that has multiple internal busses to route the signals to the external connections. I cannot connect two of the externals togeter using the NI-Switch Executive in MAX. It shows me the correct route, but then it gives me an error that the configuration channel required is already in use when I add the Route. i.e. To connect C01 to C03 the connections would connect C01 to Internal W01 then connect W01 to C03. In the Switch Executive it shows C01->W01->C03, then after selecting Add, I get the error.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,596 Views)
When you set a channel as a configuration channel you don't ever explicitly connect to it. For example if you need C01->W01->C03, then you will set W01 as a configuration channel and connect C01 and C03. The software will handle all the internal connections. Once a channel is set a configuration channel then you can no longer terminate on it.

If you were to use the example configuration that came with Switch Executive using simulated NI Switches can you connect a similiar path? I would suggest making r0 a configuration channel, then connect c0->c3. The software should make the internal connections equal to c0->r0->c3. If you can perform a simliar path in NISwitch but not in your driver there may be a problem with your driver and one of the IVI specifications.
If you need help with your driver you can email instrument.driver@ni.com, and they will be able to help you.

Good luck!
Mike Taylor
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,596 Views)