cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot compile if windows.h is included

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

Including window.h makes this project not compile in CVI 2015 Service Pack 1 [ Version 15.0.1 ( 239 ) ]

I am on Windows 7 64 bit

The project is just the example project except for the include at the top.

Thanks

Cheers

Ram

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,523 Views)

Your project compiles fine on my system: what errors are you receiving? Please post the build log so that we can examine it.

I see you have included several libraries and your project is a 64-bit one: are you sure you have the 64-bit release of each of them?

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(3,489 Views)

Hi Roberto,

Thanks for looking at this issue.  I have attached the build log.  Except for adding regex.fp, I have not added any other library to the project.  The compile errors are repeatable without adding any libraries.

Thanks

Cheers

Ram

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,466 Views)

The majority if not all errors refer to sal.h include file so the primary question is whether you have this file in your system or not.

I saw discussions in some other forums that claim that sal.h is not distributed with the SDK but is part of VS: I don't know who installed this file on my system but I know for sure I have some VS redistributables loaded by some installer.

(3,453 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author performance

Rethinking to your situation,  it is difficult to imagine  that such a condition has not been addressed by NI or Microsoft when designing the IDE and the SDK; I would firstly check that all is correctly installed and configured.  What I would do is to:

1. Try running any of the shipping example that make use of the SDK and see if the very same errors appear 

2. Try a repair install of both CVI and the SDK

3. Try a complete uninstall on NI software and the SDK and a fresh reinstall of them only

Hi Roberto, 

Thank you for the idea.  starting with a shipping example [ winshape ] helped.  If I kept adding my old files in to this project, I was able to mess the project up again, but now I have a better starting point to investigate that. 

Thanks

Cheers

Ram

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,381 Views)