From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I establish multiple sessions using the Ni435x driver with a PCI Ni3451 DAQ card to group independant channel scans?

Hello,
I am using an NI4351 PCI DAQ card with the Ni435x driver and LabWindows/CVI v5.5 (on Windows 98) to capture 3 voltages and a thermocouple signal. I want to process the thermocouple signal to enable the software to drive a heat pump controller from the card's digital port. This feedback must be contained in a loop which is completely independant of the voltage reading commands, so that the heat pump temperature can be tightly regulated to a setpoint selected from the UIR panel. I am therefore using seperate threads, but I cannot scan the voltage readings at the same time, because they will never be in sequence with the temperature loop data, and th
erefore interleaving of temperature and voltage data in a read cycle won't work. Is it possible to establish seperate sessions with the same DAQ card, with each session having its own Scan rate, sample size and channel group? If not, I would be grateful for any other suggestions. Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,532 Views)