LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I disable the dialog box in CVI that prompts to browse for the .cdb file?

When running an external process from CVI to debug my DLL there are plenty of dialog boxed that prompt me to browse to .cdb files, that CVI cannot find.
This is very cumbersome.
There are many other DLLs my external process loads.
I do not have those .cdbs and also I do not want to trace into those.
So I would like CVI to take only the .cdbs it finds and to ignore the others without asking me.
Is there any way to do that?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,856 Views)
Hello

Im afraid there is no option that would disable this option with CVI. In debug mode, CVI needs this information, since it assumes everything that is being loaded is being debugged. Perhaps I could suggest this to the developers as something they might look into adding in a future release.

Bilal Durrani
NI
Bilal Durrani
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,856 Views)
Hello,

Yes, PLEASE suggest this to the developers.
I am getting complaints about this from my colleagues very frequently.
There will always be DLLs which have been created with a different compiler (e.g. Visual C++); so you never can assume that you have a .cdb to each .dll.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,856 Views)
As far as I see there are no problems with DLLs created in a different environment - it seems that CVI detects DLLs that were created with CVI. (I have tested this against a DLL created with Visual C++ and loaded it using "Load Library()" from a EXE created with CVI. No CVI Message Boxes appear even if I delete all VC files but the DLL. So there was definitely no debugging info available on hard disk.)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,856 Views)
As far as I see there are no problems with DLLs created in a different environment - it seems that CVI detects DLLs that were created with CVI. (I have tested this against a DLL created with Visual C++ and loaded it using "Load Library()" from a EXE created with CVI. No CVI Message Boxes appear even if I delete all VC files but the DLL. So there was definitely no debugging info available on hard disk.)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,856 Views)