LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I create one Distribution Kit for two projects...

I would like to create one Distribution Kit and allow user to install one of two applications. Is this possible and how could I do this using Lab Windows Distribution Kit.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,494 Views)
I do this by adding the required files for the second application in the distribution kit. The only disadvantage is that both applications are always updated simultaneously.

1) Add the executable
In the distribution kit window, click on ADD GROUP. Add the required files exe files to this group. Decide where you want the exe files relative to the other applications installation by changing the group destination and relative path options for that group. Since this first group is the EXE you want to also pick where to put the shortcut to it in the CREATE SHORTCUTS contol.

2) Add the other files
In the distribution kit window, click on ADD GROUP. Add the required dlls, uir, data, and other files to this group. Decide where you want these files relative to the o
ther applications installation by changing the group destination and relative path options for that group. Since these do not need shortcuts click on NONE in the CREATE SHORTCUTS contol.

The files added can be in another directory at the same level as the parent project. However, I believe that non-relative filenames are stored so you want to map any networked drive to a drive letter and have that remain constant on any systems you build on.

David
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,494 Views)