From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling dll file to control a third party board from PC Control.

Hi there,

I have this hawkeye stepper motor control board from PC control company. 

It comes with a software written by the company  which is in DLL format. I would like to call the DLL file in labview and be able to do further programming on it using labview platform to control the motor board. 

The reason that I need to call this DLL file is because labView does not recognise the control board when connected to it. 

I would really be grateful if anyone who has purchased the same motor control board from PC control company before and successfully using labview to control it could share the code and driver with me. 

Many thanks.

XI CAN LIU

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,126 Views)

Hello,

I'm not using that vendor products so I can't help you directly with your issue.

Nevertheless, you can find several documents on this site explaining how to use DLLs in LabVIEW: I point you to three of them, but yu can find more with apropriare searches.

Can LabVIEW C? - Example 3: Using the Right Tools with LabVIEW a whitepaper on using external DLs in LabVIEW

Calling External Code From LabVIEW link useful documents on how to call different external codes in LabVIEW

Using Existing C Code or a DLL in LabVIEW a tutorial which explainh how to use DLLs

I must also warn you that this is not the proper forum board where to post LabVIEW-related questions: this board is dedicated to LabWindows/CVI users, while there is a specific board for LabVIEW users where I suggest you to post further questions.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(4,113 Views)

Hi Emily,

The links that Roborto has posted should be very helpful. As Roborto has also said, please try to post your questions to the correct forum board as this will mean more of the right people will see your query.

Have a go with Roborto's links and let us know how you get on and we can help further if you get stuck.

Best Regards,

Chris

National Instruments - Tech Support
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,091 Views)