LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CallBack after ending a thread started with CmtScheduleThreadPoolFunctionAdv()

hi all,

just have a little problem using this function (after using it successfully many times).

->I want  to open and work a second thread by using this fct (see title of this message) inside a dll written with cvi  - that runs ok

->then I wrote a second fct into the dll (let us call it "doAfter") that has to be called from the "first" thread after the "second" thread has finished - that is normally no problem and can be done by giving this fct to the CmtScheduleThread...() - arguments.. 

but in my case (while the second thread worked) the program-pointer of the calling (first) thread has moved outside the dll into a C++ (Qt - not CVI)-application - this is the only difference to other applications i wrote - and the call of  "doAfter" doesnt occure. is there a hint or an idea ?

btw:

1. the call of CmtScheduleThreadPoolFunctionAdv() gives back 0="success". 

2. calling "doAfter" in the context of the second thread (by RUN_IN_SCHEDULED_THREAD-argument) works. but its not very useful.

thanks and best regards

Simon

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,157 Views)

... oh sorry, it was the wrong place to start a thread. a solution is to start the thread inside Qt and not inside the DLL. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,136 Views)