LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call another exe application with configuration ini file using LabWindows

I have an external application .exe (with its own ini file configuration) and I want to call it to the Labwindows/ CVI 6. 0. How can i do it.
(3,014 Views)
Usually, the INI file is loaded by the EXE and just needs to be in the same directory as the EXE when you run it. You can use the LaunchExecutable function (asynchronous), or the system function (which blocks), to launch any EXE. Command line arguments are also supported.

Best Regards,

Chris Matthews
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,014 Views)
Even I use the LaunchExecutable function still the exe file did not execute as desired. The exe file has an image configuration (called when the exe execute) with file exetension of .iic(to program eeprom). Error is " Cannot load configuration image file". This image file will be the reference of the that exe file to program eeprom.. When I run my program it opens a dos mode c:\windows\system32\cmd and the error that cannot open the configuration image. Thanks for your reply.
(3,014 Views)
I'm not sure what's going wrong. If that file is loaded by the EXE, the only thing that should matter is that the IIC file is in the right relative path to the EXE (usually same directory). Does the EXE run fine from the Start->Run... or a DOS shell outside of CVI?

Chris
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,014 Views)
The EXE file run fine outside the CVI..The EXE file has ini file and this ini file will load the the configuration image .iic. I've used the system() function of the CVI, also didn't work.
(3,014 Views)