LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CWGraph : maximum of points

Hi,

there's a parameter with the CWGraph that allows to set the number of points ( Tab Graph>>Chart History:Fixed).What is the maximum?.Is it the number of all points or for each plot ?.

Thank you
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,876 Views)
It's the number of points for each plot, it's limited by data type (32-bit integer) (2^32 points). Of course, you would probably run out of memory well before that, since that many data points would be about 35 Gigabytes of data.

Best Regards,

Chris Matthews
National Instruments
Message 2 of 5
(2,876 Views)
Thank you,

I've made a big test with 100.000 points.All seems good.I have a trouble with the CWNumedit with french date format "dd/mm/yy hh:mm:ss".After selecting the control, the displayed format change form french to english.For example, the actual value is 30/11/2003, after the selection with the mouse to set a new value, the control displays "11/30/..." instead of "30/11/".It's only a display trouble.

I've 2 questions :
1) what about the distribution kit (with CVI7) to include the CWgraph ActiveX ?
2) I plot points in "real time". When you reach the maximum count of points, the very first points are destroyed.Is there a way to know the first point of a plot ? (It will allow me to reload data and draw the plot ).

Best Regards.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,876 Views)
Add the cwui.ocx file to a new group in your distribution kit. Make sure to check register files as ActiveX servers. That should do it.

No, there isn't a way to recover data that has been plotted to the graph. We don't keep all of the data in memory, just the decimated data needed for drawing to be more memory efficient. You would have to be logging the data to memory or file to do what you want.

Best Regards,

Chris Matthews
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,876 Views)
Thank you for your answer.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,876 Views)