LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CVI7 and NI Switch Executive ?

How to get CVI support for Switch Executive 1.0.1 Development System on a System with CVI7 ? The option for installing CVI support is disabled, when I install Switch Executive. With CVI6 there wasn't such a problem.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,974 Views)
Markus,

You should get the Switch Executive 1.0.2 upgrade from NI (it's a free upgrade). With that version you should be able to install it with CVI 7.0.

Luis Gomes
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,974 Views)
How to get that upgrade ?
I couldn't find any pointer to Switch Executive in the "Drivers and Updates" section of www.ni.com.
The support/switchexecutive subdirectory of ftp.ni.com only contains a unversioned patch subdirectory from 2002, which seems to be too old.
And the Update Utility in MAX also doesn't seem to know Switch Executive.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,974 Views)
Hi Markus,

You should request a FREE NI Switch Executive 1.0.2 Development System Upgrade CD from your NI Inside Technical Sales Consultant. The P/N to request is 850546B-03. You should recieve the update within 48 - 72 hrs from requesting.

Regards,

Richard McDonell
NI Switch Executive
Product Manager
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,974 Views)
Hi Markus,

It is my understanding that NI Switch Executive 1.0.1 works with CVI 7.0. I have asked the development team for confirmation. I will keep you posted.

NI Switch Executive 1.0.2 is now available as of last week. I would encourage you to use this version since it definitely supports CVI 7.0 and contains a number of performance enhancements and fixes for known issues.

Regards,

Richard McDonell
NI Switch Executive
Product Manager
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,974 Views)