LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CVI2013 "not a valid archive"

I've just upgraded to 2013.  My project that compiled under 2012 is now reporting this error under 2013: "Input file is not a valid archive". 

The file in question is a *.lib driver.  The project settings were allegedly imported from CVI2012.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,986 Views)

Hi,

This error is generated by the new linker in CVI 2013. The error is thrown when there is a mismatch in the expected file header information from what is expected. This should not occur under normal circumstances, so it is difficult to provide suggested causes or troubleshooting steps. Instead, would it be possible for you to send me a copy of the .lib file for investigation? I sent you a private message with details on how to send me the file privately.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,943 Views)

Hello,

i have the same problem. I'm using the Canon EOS SDK and everything works fine with CVI 2012 SP1. 

Today i installed the cvi 2013 and get:

Input file is not a valid archive .....".....EDSDK.lib"....

Thanks for any help

Norbert Rieper,

Bremerhaven, 

Germany

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,870 Views)

I just did some experiments with this problem yesterday and solved it.  Do this:

1) Remove your CVI 2012 *.CWS and *.PRJ files.

2) Recreate those files within CVI 2013.

Should compile fine now.

For some reason, the CVI 2012 project files aren't completely compatible with 2013.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,868 Views)

Hello,

i don't know why, i didn't change any files or settings but suddenly the error dissapears. I just looked up the target settings changed and compiled as release and as debug and there is no error any more?

What happend? I don't know

Norbert Rieper

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,867 Views)

Hi

I have the same problem. Originally the application was written in CVI 6.0. I have now created a completly new project and workspace and added all the files. So the here provided solution to create just a new project doesn't work.

The compilation works fine. But the error message I get when linking (build) is " error: Input file is not a valid archive: 'c:\Projects\........\bin\i7000.lib'. "

Another library I get the same problem is "uart.lib"

The other lib-files just work fine.

Cheers Andreas

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,966 Views)

We're having a problem that might be related. We have a DLL project that needs to link against a vendor-supplied driver library (.lib file). In CVI-2012, this project builds fine. When the build is attempted in CVI-2013, we don't see the "not a valid archive" message, but the linker reports all of the symbols within this library as "undefined". We have re-created the project in CVI-2013, and added the .lib file to the project tree; we still see this issue.

Attaching a .7z file with the .lib file and related include files.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,741 Views)