LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CVI2013 + Windows 7 Update => errors

Hello,

I have a code with XNET functions, with no comiplation error. 

Since I installed the last Windows 7 update yesterday, I'm not able to compile the project. 

I get "Undefined symbol" for all the XNET functions and all EXXotest functions too. 

Didi any one had the same problem ? 

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,914 Views)

Getting an undefined symbol for functions is generally due to the header file and import library not being included inyour project. Have you ensured that these files are still included in your project? You can find more information about this in the following link:

Why am I Getting Undefined Symbol or Link Errors in my LabWindows/CVI Project?:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/862567530005F09C862566200066DEF8

I haven't found any similar issues that were related to a Windows update. However, if you have a system restore point from before the Windows update, it could be an option to restore the system and see if you regain functionality.

-Alex C.

National Instruments

Alex C.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,847 Views)

Hello SirKnee, 

I did checked the header file and import library. It's OK.

I also found the link you sent. Thank you. 

The problem is about "Paths". After the Last Windows 7 update (Packages KB3212642 and KB3212646) The LabWindows/CVI can't found some files in the hard disk (files like .lib, .dll, etc).

I checked the paths list in the projects propieties, and I added all the necessary paths, but the problem persist.

To get back the last retore point I need admin rights for that....

I will try to reinstall NI-CAN and NI-XNET before.  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,839 Views)

I think there was something fishy about the latest round of Windows updates and how it handles characters within a path.  Pure speculation on my part at this stage, but your issue seems like it could have a problem similar to two things I saw yesterday:

• My XML notepad software refused to open any file with a space in its path name.
  • A customer running an installation package from Microsoft received error messages about an invalid character in the path.

My suggestion: remove any spaces or non-English characters from your paths, and adjust the header file / project accordingly.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,833 Views)

Hello lan.W,

I have no space or non-english characters in all my paths. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,818 Views)

Thanks for the update, and sorry for the distraction. Good luck!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,810 Views)