LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CVI2013 / NI-XNET - How to measure the time between calling a function to "Write frame CAN" and the real instant of output frame CAN from the port ?

Hello,

I have a wierd question, I admit 😄

Well, I'm calling somwhere in my code a function to write a signal CAN (nxt_Write_SignalSinglePoint). I'm using CVI2013 + Automotive diagnostic command set. I have a PXI 8513/2 for CAN communication.

This function works great. The problem is that I think that there is a delay between the moment of calling this function, and the real moment when the frame CAN is generated electrically. 

So, to get the instant of calling the Write function, I can use GetLocalTime function. Even if I really appreciate if this last function return the time in micro-seconds.

But how can I get the moment when starting generating the CAN frame physically ?

That's it, for the moment 😄

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,121 Views)

You could probably do a loopback of the CAN signal and have it trigger into some DIO line and read that in.  Something like this would have to be done through hardware as I don't think there's anyway to find out just through software.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,094 Views)