From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CVI2013 DAQmxGetSystemInfoAttribute (DAQmx_Sys_DevNames, buf, 0);

Solved!
Go to solution

After installing CVI 2013 this function is taking about 1 minute to execute. In CVI 2012 it was less than a second.

I use this function to read the names and serial numbers of all DIO devices connected.

NI-DAQmx Device Driver 9.2.3f1

Hardware USB-6501

Thanks in advance

Walter

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,437 Views)

Hi Walter,

I can't find anything about anyone else having this issue, so I want to ask you some questions.  Is this the same project that you were working on before, in CVI 2012, or is it a new one?  What devices is it finding?  If you run the same program in 2012 and 2013, is it still slower?

It's tough to tell what is going on exactly, but a good starting place is always to update drivers.  I'm curious if installing the NI-DAQmx 9.8 drivers would help.  Would you be willing to get the new drivers and let me know if this changes anything?  You can download the latest Windows drivers here: http://www.ni.com/download/ni-daqmx-9.8/4297/en/

Please let me know more details about what you are doing, and the makeup of your system.  And definitely try the new drivers!  Let me know how things go.

Julian R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,408 Views)

Hi Julian,

Thanks for the response and I will try to answer your questions.

1) Yes this is the same project I used under CVI 2012 (with windows 7 and the same device driver).

2) The function finds the USB-6501 (on this project I have only one).

3) Before I installed CVI 2013 - the function did not run slower (CVI 2012). After the upgrade it ran slower in CVI2012 and 2013.

4) I thought about updating the driver but I wanted to see if there was another solution (I'm responsible for multiple test station). I'll update my PC and let you know the results.

Also, I use this function to get the device names then the serial numbers, some of my test stations have multiple devices.

Thanks

Walter

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,403 Views)
Solution
Accepted by wwilliams

Updating the device driver fix the problem.

When I upgraded to CVI2013 I selected not to update the device driver. This may have corrupted my MAX configuration settings.

Thanks

Walter

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,386 Views)

Walter,

Wonderful!  Glad I could be of assistance 🙂

Julian R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5