LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CVI using imaqCalibrationSetAxisInfoByReferencePoints

Dear all,

did anybody ever used the NI-Vision function

imaqCalibrationSetAxisInfoByReferencePoints()

in Labwindows / CVI?

It seems that the function requires a calibrated image.

Now, I do have one but I get the error

The source/input image has not been calibrated.

At least I guess that my input image is calibrated, since I use before:

imaqLearnCalibrationPoints()

Any hint appreciating,

Philipp

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,379 Views)

Hi Phil,

I'm not sure if you are the same Philipp, who has a Service Request open, in which I'm assisting...

But here is what I answered him:

In "IMAQ Vision for LabWindows/CVI User Manual" (http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/371266a.pdf) wird die Kalibrierungsprozedur ganz gut erklärt.

Zwei Absätze dort könnten m.E. eine Erklärung für die Problematik liefern:

[1] (Seite 6-10) Attach Calibration Information
Now that you have calibrated your setup correctly, you can apply the calibration settings to images that you acquire. Use imaqCopyCalibrationInfo() to attach the calibration information of the current setup to each image you acquire. This function takes in a source image containing the calibration information and a destination image that you want to calibrate. The destination image is your inspection image with the calibration information attached to it

Learn Calibration just creates the template.png which which is saved on disk. You still have to apply calibration information to your current image.

[2] (Seite 6-8) Calibration Invalidation
" Any image processing operation that changes the image size or orientation voids the calibration information in a calibrated image. Examples of functions that void calibration information include imaqResample(), imaqScale(), imaqArrayToImage(), and imaqUnwrap()."

Maybe yo ualso have a calibration invalidation issue.

Hope it helps...

Kind regards

Heinz

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,307 Views)