LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CVI disregards breakpoints

CVI (both 8.5.1 and 2013 SP1) is not respecting my breakpoints if I open the project from a network folder.

It does not "break at first step" also.

I am sure it is in debug mode, and I tried a clean build.

I have all the access rights (read/write/delete/modify/create etc...) on that network folder.

The only solution is to copy the project to a local folder, then it starts to break properly.

I do not think this is expected behavior. Is it?!

S. Eren BALCI
IMESTEK
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(5,796 Views)

While compiling (running  debug mode) it will create a folder 'cvibuild.(project name)' in the project folder. You delete this folder and run again.

I have seen this is helping similar problems

Sajy

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(5,781 Views)
Hi Sajy,

Thanks for commenting on this.
I already tried that. That was what I meant by a "clean build" in my post.

Any other suggestions?
S. Eren BALCI
IMESTEK
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(5,774 Views)

I will appreciate if NI can comment if this is expected behavior.

We are 2 people (see francois_Campbell's thread also) who encountered this issue, and I cannot find a reason why debugging should be disabled when project is on a network folder.

Thanks.

S. Eren BALCI
IMESTEK
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(5,745 Views)

Hi ebalci,

I do not believe that this should be expected behavior.  I have a few questions for you:

1) What OS are you running CVI on?

2) What happens if you create a simple project from template, add a breakpoint, and then move the project to a network drive?

3) Aside from missing the breakpoint, does the rest of your application execute correctly when placed on the network drive?

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(5,718 Views)
Hi LindsW,

Thanks for paying attention.
- I was running WinXp SP3.
- I am on holiday for the week, I cannot try this before next Monday.
- Yes, it was executing correctly as far as I could observe. My attention was on the breakpoint issue, so I didn't go deep into application. I was trying to break at the beginning of the code and when it did not I closed the session to try something else. I thought I was missing some critical point.
S. Eren BALCI
IMESTEK
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(5,712 Views)

Hi ebalci,

Thanks for the update.  Just to make sure, I tried it out on my end with a very simple project, and CVI did stop at the breakpoints.  Perhaps when you get back from holiday you could give it a try on your machine, and we can work from there!

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(5,691 Views)

I also had this problem a few times. I 'solved' it by closing / reopening CVI. I hadn't noticed whether happened only on network drives, but I do have several projects like this.

Message 8 of 10
(5,676 Views)

Closing and reopening CVI solved the problem at my application!
Thanks for the hint

gerygery

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,110 Views)

Thank you! Did the trick for me as well. It is not only confined to network drives. Very frustrating.

In my case it was able to "break on... -> first statement" (using the menu), but the manual breakpoint I put on the very first line did not break.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,136 Views)