LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CVI database

Hi,I am new to CVI and I am working in a project using CVI8.5 to connect database using SQL  toolkit. I connected it successfully. Now i need to retrieve it using a table in CVI. Which commands should I user egarding this function? Any help regarding this is very much appreciated

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(5,376 Views)
What difficulties are you having? If starting from scratch, like we all do to start with, I suggest: 1. A good book on SQL; the Dummies Guide worked for me. 2. Read the documentation. A good place to start is: CVI Help->Library Reference->SQL Toolkit Library->Using the SQL Toolkit Library->Function Summary. 3. Work through the examples provided by NI. 4. Return to this list when you have a more precise question.
Message 2 of 14
(5,357 Views)

Thanks SteveSmiley Happy I saved the required data in mdb format using CVI toolkit and retrieved it using CVI Table...also is it possible to do reporting in CVI?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(5,334 Views)

If you want to develop a local database, it is easy to use SQLite. Embedd your database, has beutiful programming interface, and you can generate even function panlels and your own library.

download for free: sqlite.com

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(5,302 Views)

hi 

i m new in cvi and i need your help 

please contact me on my email addresss : houssnotes at gmail.com

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(5,133 Views)

HoussamCVI

I suggest you read this: http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html then come back when you have a precisely formulated question that follows the guidelines there.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(5,130 Views)

SteveD123

I have to create a cvi application that use Database 

and i don't know how to make connection between my application and the database 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(5,119 Views)

1. Create a connection between your PC and the remote server using Microsoft's ODBC.

2. Look at the examples that come with the NI SQL toolkit for CVI.

3. Read the help documentation.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(5,117 Views)

lorsque j'ouvre CVI help ->library references ->je trouve pas Toolkits qu'est ce que je peut faire ????

merci 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(4,570 Views)

Hello, depending on the product you have purchased you may not have the SQL toolkit included: see the comparison table for CVI-only purchase, which is valid unless you have purchased a Developer Suite, in which case the toolkit should be available on distribution disks and you may need to tinstall it separately (depending on the release of the base package included in the suite).

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(4,560 Views)