LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CVI application slowing down

Hello,

I have programmed testing equipment application. It works, but every test (loop) applications slows down.

Even realays on hardware clicking slowly.

After restarting program it works normally again for 5-10 tests.

I am using libmodbus library in that application and not using multithreading.

Does someone know where is the problem?

Regards,

Dovydas

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,727 Views)

Sorry but my PFT (Personal Fortune Teller) is not here at the moment, otherwise we could have him to take a look at your situation Smiley Wink

Seriously speaking, it is difficult for us to give suggestions on your situation since we know nothing aboult it. You didn't even tell us if you are using a compiled executable or are running the program in the IDE!

You should at least check whether the delay is happening in your program calls or in external equipment(s) behaviour. Checking time spent in specific blocks of code or individual instructions may help in discriminating this.

Do you have huge memory allocation not properly disposed at test end?

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community

@dovydas.p wrote:

Even realays on hardware clicking slowly.

Well, Roberto, I think a PFT won't help anyhow. It looks like his/her program is actually running relativistically fast.

I do not think you can speed it up anymore, but slowing down may help Smiley WinkSmiley Very Happy

S. Eren BALCI
IMESTEK
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,657 Views)

Hi ebalci,

Could you please tell us more about the program? It'd be useful to know what it did and see some sample code if at all possible. As Roberto said, it'd also be extremely helpful to know if it's running as an executable or in the development environment. If it's in the development environment, could you keep track of the resources used with the resource tracking window? You'll need to enable "Extended Debugging" in the Build Options dialog box. Also, if there are any arrays or other memory structures, please keep track of what's being stored in them. Cumulative performance degredation like your seeing tends to be caused by something being used but not disposed of.

If it is a built executable, could you let it sit idle for some time (like a few hours) before running a test and see if that test is slower than you expect from a first run?

Austin
Staff Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,642 Views)