LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CVI and Advantech PCI-1761

Forum,

I inherited several Advantech 1761 relay cards.  When I went to the Advantech website they didn't have any CVI library or (.c / .h files) to use in CVI and eventually into TestStand.  They do have some Labview stuff and unfortunately I know nothing about Labview.  That said, has someone got a library or some source code that I can use in CVI 7.1 and close the relay's on this PCI-1761 card?  Right now I'm stuck.  The Advantech support rep said he could only say that they have examples.  Since their documentation leave a lot to be desired I have no way of knowing which example will close the 1761 relays.  Any support would be great.  Thanks.

Tony

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,729 Views)

Did you have a look into the VC++ interface/examples ,which are provided by Advantech ? If they don't use any C++ specific extensions, you might be able to use them also for CVI. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,716 Views)

Hi Tony,

Isn't this your card? It seems there is also a 32-bit DLL and examples for your card.

Please visit those linked pages and see if they are suitable for you.

S. Eren BALCI
IMESTEK
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,714 Views)

You can use Advantech products using CVI. I do it since 2010 using CVI 2009.

A new generation of drivers, "BioDAQ", is in use since a few months. And sometimes products are delivered with old driver : Active DAQ revision 2.6. This old driver is NOT COMPATIBLE with Windows 7.

You have first to download new drivers from Advantech web site and install them.

Second, you have to modify their header file "BioDaqCL.h" because it is not compatible with LabWindows CVI.

After this you can use their new DLL, "BioDaq.dll", installed in Windows directory.

Their software is wotking similary to NIDAQmx : you create a communication handle, you get module handle, you read or write, you close communication. For DIO outputs, you can read back outputs, interesting way to verify your action.

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,611 Views)

Hi Tony

did you ever resolve the problem with the PCI1761 card.

I have exactly the same question /problem at this moment, so if you could help me not to invent verything a 2nd time, I would really appreciate that.

I checked a lot of things , also the items suggested by the posts but so far no real solution found. 

Thanks in advance .

Leon

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,007 Views)

Hey LeonFXC,

You might be able to get more of a response from the community or National Instruments if you post a new topic with some detailed information about your current issue, and then refer to this topic.

Jesse S.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,993 Views)