LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CVI XML

I am using CVI 2012 to build a XML string with the command MSXML_IXMLDOMDocumentGetxml.  Unfortunately, the string is built with default encoding that appears to be ASCII -7.  I need the XML string in UTF-8 for the expanded character set.  Is there a method to change the encoding for the Getxml command ?

Such as adding  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?> in the xml file.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,070 Views)

Hey mike7,

I researched the MSXML functions a bit, and found this page on MSDN that might be helpful: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa468560.aspx#xmlencod_topic4

In particular, the section on creating documents mentions that by default, the data is encoded in UTF-8. Are you sure that this isn't the case for your data?  The section on "Creating New XML Documents with MSXML" also talks about some weird behavior that you might see when encoding into UTF-8, and also mentions an attribute you can add to the document to change the encoding format. 

Hopefully that will help resolve the issue, but please let us know if you need any more assistance with the issue!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,043 Views)