LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CVI Install error 2753

I have an installation error 2753. Indicating a problem with NIDNS NSPTool.exe.MDNSOI. I have done some searching but have not turned up a fix. I have installed CVI 2009 successfully and failed the install of NI Device Drivers Nov 2009. The install continued with out any further problems. I then retried the install and received the same error. I continued and installed NI DAQ 9.0.2. This completed successfully. Is this error critical ? What can I do to fix this ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,655 Views)

It's hard to tell specifically. What NI Software did you have installed prior to this? Have you uninstalled or repaired in the past? What OS are you using?

A couple things to try.

1. There could be a problem with the NIDNS service not terminating during installation. Try stopping all NI services in Control Panel >> Administrative Tools >> Services. Then retry the installation.
  2. Get a log of the installation process and post it here (or a private message if it has sensetive network information). http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/AB597E885DB7D16B86256E92006DB232?OpenDocument.

I will probably be able to identify from the log, but in case not, at what point during the installation process does the error appear?

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,652 Views)

I am having trouble launching the setup.exe

In the cmd window I have typed   f:\setup.exe /log  C:\setupLog.txt

I receive this error.

.\UberInstaller.cpp(1681): IInstallerError 10009
Fatal Error. Unable to create temporary file.
Unable to copy original f:\SupportFiles\resourceEng.dll to C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\nii22.tmp.
Windows Error Windows Error 87: The parameter is incorrect.

I have tried several locations to save the text file.

None of them work.

I checked in c:\Documents and settings\administrator\local settings\temp\ there is no nii22.tmp

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,648 Views)

The additional information you asked for is:

Pentium 4 3 Ghz

504mb ram

XP V2002 SP2

No NI software previously installed ((That I am Aware of))

I work in an office of engineers. anything is possible.

No evidence of NI in the "add-remove" programs.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,637 Views)

Rich,

In the past when this error has come up, it has been related to a bad CD (manufacturing defect). Is the problem just with the driver CD, or is it with the CVI CD? If it is the CVI CD, then I can send you a new copy of the CD (or a digital copy) to see if that resolves the issue (Private message me your contact information). If this is just the driver CD, then I can also send you a replacement, but it may just be simpler to download the drivers you need from ni.com/drivers. Though it sounds like DAQmx installed fine the first time. It may be worthwhile to download the driver and then do a repair on the installation.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,632 Views)

I am not familiar with messageing "in Private"  How is this done ?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,628 Views)

If you click on my name here in my post and go to my profile, there is a blue link labeled "Send this user a private message". In any case, I will send you one that you can reply to now.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,625 Views)