From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CVI Execution Profiler not showing (need registry cleanup method)

Solved!
Go to solution
I have installed CVI 2010SP1 / CVI 2012SP1 and Execution Profiler Toolkit and even though I call the function CVIProfSetCurrentThreadProfiling(1)/set profiling in build options, at the end of the program run, the Profiler does not show up. I tried to uninstall and reinstall all CVI+Runtime (except device drivers which are mandatory to be kept the same), but this did not solve it. Please tell me which registry setting or registry cleanup tool I have to use. Thank you.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,714 Views)
I took this one step further and uninstalled all NI software (device drivers, everything), then installed CVI2012 (which went fine). When installing Device Drivers 2012, I get a lot of "The configuration registry database is corrupt" messages. I can install it but Profiler still does not work. On another PC it is fine, therefore it is not a problem with the project or the license, just the bad install of CVI. Come on NI, how do I completely remove LabWindows?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,697 Views)

Hello razvan.ioachim,

Did you try the Import/Export registry tool that comes with LabWindows/CVI?

Best regards,

=Nelu F. || National Instruments.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,693 Views)

The application can be found under "Tools", in the LabWindows [version] start menu item.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,691 Views)
thank you for the suggestion, but it does not work. Profiler simply does not start at the end of the program run, even after complete uninstall+reinstall+import settings (on a fresh administrator account). I do not understand why I got those errors during reinstall. Isn't there any other way to clean registry?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,686 Views)

Hello razvan.ioachim,

I think I might have more suggestions for you. Did you try to open the profiler from Start > Programs > ... etc? Did you try to redirect the profiler output to a file?

If none of these suggestions work, your machine may be corrupted. The issue might not lie in the registry, but in a system dll or other component. We might be able to suggest a few registry keys that might hold invalid data, but that is going to take some investigation and might not yield the expected results.

In the end, you might have to format your drive and reinstall Windows...

Best regards,

=Nelu F. || National Instruments.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,675 Views)
profiler works just fine from its own shortcut. I did not know I can redirect the profiler automatic output to a file. I'll look into it, thank you; either this or fresh Windows, you are right
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,672 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author razvan.ioachim

Profiler wasn't loading for me either, and I got it solved via a support ticket.  What I was doing wrong was that I had a call to

exit(0)

...at the end of my main().  This apparently was killing the Profiler toolkit before it had a chance to run.  Solution was simply to remove it completely.  It's not strictly necessary, as long as you have a call to

QuitUserInterface(0)

Message 8 of 8
(4,098 Views)