From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CVI EXE not responding.

HI,

I have a Test Program creted in LabWindows/CVI .i have many UIR as part of the code.

if i run directly from the Labwindows IDE, it work great without any issues.

However  if i create a single package of EXE and run it, there is a issue

it works but even a simple mouse click or opening a other programs makes the Application non repsonsive (NOT RESPONDING).

Thanks In advace 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,290 Views)

Hello IVI!

A few questions:

1. What does your application do? The information you provided about your project is very minimal and insufficient. Please let us know what the code does (e.g. either in words, code snippets or upload a project) and which libraries does it use (ActiveX, Analysis, etc).
  2. What does "a single package of EXE" mean?
  3. What does "it works" mean, after running " the single package of EXE"?
  4. Does "even a simple mouse click" mean that other actions that the user performs in your application's UI will also cause the program to become unresponsive?

Please provide further details about this problems. This will increase the chances that someone will have an idea on how to solve the potential issue 😉

Best regards!

- Johannes

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,272 Views)

Hi,

1)the application iuses various NI Drivers library to control diffrent instruments and a Camera Dll loaded Dynamically.

2) i have more than 30 panels (UIR) in the Project and while building am selctiong option to include all the UIR to the Final EXE Build

3)I mean if i execute the code from the LabWIndows IDE it works good (by clikcing run in IDE)

4)if i create a EXE and copy it elsewhere and start the application by double clickign on it, the application works but it hangs if i do some thing else ,even a mouse click.

what could be the diffrence if i ran the Application from the Labwindows IDE or by running the same as stand alone application?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,260 Views)
  • I assume that you are referring to the "Embed project .UIRs" Target Settings option. I also asume that there shouldn't be any link to this issue with this, since your application is able to load.
  • Do you have any mouse events that trigger any time-consuming actions or require some dependencies (e.g. reading from disk/network, etc.)?
  • There are some subtle differences when running your application from the CVI debugger. E.g. memory can be allocated at different addresses.
  • The fact that you copied the EXE to a different location, causing the application to hang, suggests that the application may be dependent on some location-sensitive resources.
  • Does the application hang when you run:
    • The program from CVI with debugger (Shift+F5)?
    • The program from CVI without the debugger (Ctrl+F5)?
    • In debug mode?
    • In release mode?
  • One starting-point for you would be to trace down and log (e.g. printf/fprintf) event callbacks (specifically mouse callbacks) or other procedures that get called upon specific actions that you noticed will cause your application to hang. If you can't reproduce the hang with a debugger attached, logging is very helpful. You can log your way up to the point in the code where the hang is caused. Try narrowing the issue to specific functions/callbacks that are likely to reproduce the hang.

I hope this helps!

Best regards!

- Johannes

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,256 Views)

Hii all,

I have a code written in CVI. The code works perfectly through exe but not in debug mode.To be exact; my hardware doesn't get initialized through a debug mode.What may be the reason??

The code is written by some other person 7 years ago.I am trying to convert it from Legacy to DAQmx

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,142 Views)