LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CVI Distribution kit install cannot find NationalInstruments.common.dll

I have a CVI 2010 distribution kit for my applaication that includes a C# application. I need the NI can drivers, 488 and etc. for the c# app included under Files in the Edit Installer dialog. I include these drivers under Drivers & Components, such as NI-488.2.3.0, NI-CAN 2.7.4, NI-DAQmx Core Runtime 9.8 and so on.

When I distribute the installer to say a bare win7 machine everthing install correctly but when I run my C# application I get an error that states the 'NationalInstruments.common.dll version 130.0.35.190 can no be found'. In my C# application, which I build under Visual Studio 2010, I refereence NationalInstruments.common.dll to C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\NationalInstruments.Common\13.0.35.190__18cbae0f9955702a\NationalInstruments.Common.dll.

How would I get the client's machine to have the correct  NationalInstruments.common.dll so my c# app will run? Is there a way to add it via the CVI's Edit installer under drivers & Components? What National Instruments package installs the NationalInstruments.Common.dll on my C# dev machine?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,287 Views)

This article might shed some light on those file dependencies:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/372636F-01/mstudiowebhelp/html/netdeploymentfiles/

Michael Keane
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,266 Views)

Good stuff. But the link talks about xcopy and including. Including and copying the needed drivers to where? The location they are found the development machine so that would mean making a new directory on the target machine as 'C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\MeasurementStudioVS2008\DotNET\Assemblies\Current' or copying the needed dlls to the same location that the .exe is copied too?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,261 Views)

I believe you would make a new directory on the target machine and just make sure the .exe and referenced assemblies are in this same directory

Michael Keane
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,236 Views)