LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CVI_AppExitCVI throw exception in cviauto.dll

CVI_AppExitCVI throw exception in cviauto.dll. CVI5.0+VC6.0+Win98.
Code:

if (cviHandle)
{
CVI_AppExitCVI(cviHandle,NULL,1,NULL);
}

Exception is:
First-chance exception in PCT-32.exe (RPCRT4.DLL): 0x800706BA: (no name).
First-chance exception in PCT-32.exe (CVIAUTO.DLL): 0xE06D7363: Microsoft C++ Exception.
First-chance exception in PCT-32.exe (CVIAUTO.DLL): 0xE06D7363: Microsoft C++ Exception.

What's the problem?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,819 Views)
Hello

CVI 5.0 did not really provide any import libraries for use with Visual C++ 6.0, this was added in CVi 5.5 and above. Check out the "http://digital.ni.com/manuals.nsf/webAdvsearch/0F9E1E5F0D18DD7786256856006B179E?OpenDocument">CVI 5... pg 15 of 32, perhaps this might be causing a problem. How are you importing the function into Visual C++? If you are going to be doing alot of future development using Visual Studio and CVI, you might consider upgrading to CVI 6.0, there have been alot of improvements made to the interface of CVI's automation server (programatically making fp files being one of the many new improvements)

I hope this helps

Bilal Durrani
NI
Bilal Durrani
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,819 Views)
I create the Dll myself from cvisrvr.c & cvisrvr.h in CVI. Will this cause any problem?
Features of automation server in CVI5.0 are enough for my usage. If possible, I don't want to make too much change in my current project.

Thank you, Bilal.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,819 Views)