LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CVI 8.5 to cvi6

Hello,

I am currently using Lab Windows CVI 8.5 for my project,but my Project lead has instructed me to change it to Lab Windows CVI 6. The problem now I face is that, I cant edit my UI which I created in CVI 8.5 using CVI 6. Is there any way to do that,or must I create an entirely new UI in CVI 6?Thanks...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,495 Views)

Hello, recent versions of CVI has the ability to save a UIR file in previous format, bus as you can see using File >> Save As... facility in the UIR editor you can only downgrade a 8.5 UIR file to release 7.1. Unfortunately, even if you had CVI 7, that release does not permit downgrading a UIR file. Smiley Sad

One possible solution can be to save the file in text format (Options >> Save in text format menu item of the UIR editor) and then try reloading it in the old IDE, but you are very likely to find several errors for each item in the file that does not match old format, errors that you should manually correct editing the .TUI file. Not a trivial task, since there is no real documentation on .TUI file format in various CVI releases.

If your UIR file isn't very large I suggest you to rebuild the file from scratch

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(2,483 Views)