LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CVI 7.0 Evaluation Version can't execute sample programs?

Even when I run the sample programs, there's "Entry Point Not Found" error. I downloaded CVI 7.0 Evaluation Version from NI website and installed it without the accompanied CD. Did I miss some part of the installation and cause the above problem?

Thanks,
Echo
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,639 Views)
I know now. That's because I didn't install the RunTime Engine.

Echo
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,639 Views)
I was curious how you got in a postiton of not having the Run Time Engine? The evaluation version installs the CVI RunTime Engine always. There is not a way to turn it off in the installer.

I am the installer person for CVI at the moment and am curios as to how this situation occured. Can you please elaborate on how this happened?

Thanks,
Jeff
NI
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,639 Views)
I was investigating how CVI6.0, CVIRTE7.0, CVI7.0 would cooperate. So I installed CVI6.0, CVIRTE7.0, generated DLL, uninstalled them, then installed CVI7.0 and run the DLL......
Maybe not follow the above sequence. I did such for several times in different sequences. At last after I installed CVI7.0 again, I found it can't even run the sample programs. Then I installed the CVIRTE7.0, the problem solved.

Hope this helps.
Echo
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,639 Views)
I got it.
The problem is caused by a third party app which installs CVIRTE6.0 in AlwaysOverwrite way.

Echo
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,639 Views)