LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CVI 6.0 out of memory

Today I upgraded from LabWindows/CVI 5.5 to 6.0. I had to rebuild my application (in debug mode), which works without any errors, but then my program does not start, instead there is a little popup window of Labwindows/CVI with the only message 2out of memory".
I have no idea where this problem comes from: it was working perfectly under version 5.5, moreover my system is running with 1 GB of RAM, so I really doubt this message. Because now I cannot use my application anymore any help is appreciated! Thanks a lot.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,673 Views)
First thing I would check is that the RTE is installed properly. The check to see if the RTE executes OK, will return this message in some apps... It may have failed to load.
Does the application work within the 6.0 environment, but fail when you build the exe ?

Chris
Message 2 of 8
(3,673 Views)
Thank you for your comment, I experience the problem in the debug mode (Run ->Debug), I guess this is what you mean by the environment?

So here is another info:
1) In the task manager I see that CVI allocates about 300MB of RAM, so there is enough physical RAM left.
2)If I click (twice) on this little error window, a new window shows up telling me "an error ocurred while loading debuggin information for xxx.exe. You will be unable to debug this dll/exe.
I I choose not to terminate the execution, my program starts nicely, but obviously without any debugging information. (the rpogram itself takes only 8M of RAM)

So for some reason the problem seems to be with the debugging...Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,673 Views)
I don't know if this would help, but this morning my demo Version gave
similar
problems in debug mode.
I solved uninstalling and reinstalling it, as some other students told me
that they had a similar kind of problem in many different conditions.
I'm not sure that this will work for you...

Bye.
Andrea.

"Wolfgang" ha scritto nel messaggio
news:5065000000050000006E500000-1005954886000@exchange.ni.com...
> Thank you for your comment, I experience the problem in the debug mode
> (Run ->Debug), I guess this is what you mean by the environment?
>
> So here is another info:
> 1) In the task manager I see that CVI allocates about 300MB of RAM, so
> there is enough physical RAM left.
> 2)If I click (twice) on this little error window, a new windo
w shows
> up telling me "an error ocurred while loading debuggin information for
> xxx.exe. You will be unable to debug this dll/exe.
> I I choose not to terminate the execution, my program starts nicely,
> but obviously without any debugging information. (the rpogram itself
> takes only 8M of RAM)
>
> So for some reason the problem seems to be with the debugging...Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,673 Views)
Under the Build Options there are three debugging levels: no run-time checking, standard, and extended. Try changing the level to No run-time checking and see if this makes a difference. If your program requires a great deal of debugging information for User protection, CVI might choke.
Please let me know if this helps.

Azucena
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,673 Views)
Thank you for your suggestion! Unfortunately I forgot to mention this in my previous posting: I have tried all three options, extended debugging, normal and no debugging information. Surprisingly, the memory CVI takes is about the same (it stops somewhere around 280 MB) in all cases; and in all three cases, even without any debugging, this error window shows up, which is somewhat, well, unexpected. So I do not think that the problem is really related to a memory problem; and, I did not mention it before, I did uninstall CVI 5.5 before installing 6.0... I was installing (an I am running CVI) with administrator priviledge, so I really have no clue what the problem is...
And any help is very welcome 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,673 Views)
"Wolfgang" ha scritto nel messaggio
news:50650000000500000015510000-1005954886000@exchange.ni.com...
> I did not mention it before, I did uninstall CVI 5.5 before installing
> 6.0... I was installing (an I am running CVI) with administrator
> priviledge, so I really have no clue what the problem is...
> And any help is very welcome 🙂

Try to uninstall 6.0 and then install it again. Sometimes it has worked for
me...
Before compiling your project again, I suggest you to delete previous
executable files generated from CVI and the obj's directory too... In other
situation this worked...
I've little experience with CVI, but during last two months in these two
ways I went on working even if I can't explain both why and how...

Andrea
Sorry about my
bad english.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,673 Views)
I encounter the same problem with a relatively big program compiled (in Debug mode) with CVI 6.0.
I notice that the "out of memory" message disappears if I disable Source Code Browser Information (checking off "Options -> Build Options -> Generate source code browse information"), but this time "Go To Definition" functionality does not work (which is normal but inconvenient).

So, I think CVI 6.0 does not allocate sufficient memory to its identifiers references tables.
Does CVI 7 correct this problem (I don't have this version but perhaps it could be useful) ?

Thank you.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,673 Views)