LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CVI 6.0 listbox speed

After about 10 000 lines the InsertListItem() function gets slower and slower. Now you may call a list of 150 000 lines abusive, but building that list works and takes about 400 seconds on my PC. Hiding the panel does not really improve speed. Is there some other known trick? How does the CVI table control perform at 100 000 rows? We have software for printing and copying listbox controls. Everything works within seconds, except filling the listbox.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,522 Views)
Hi,

I belive that the table control will be faster than the listbox, due to the fact that there are function in for the table control that allow you to insert "groups" of rows and also function that modify groups of cell values. I would definately give a try to a table control.

Another idea using the listbox would be to load these items partially; load the first 1000 items, show the list to the user and then load the rest of the items while you wait for the user to click something.

If you use the listbox just as a data structure to keed the data then I could suggest that you stay with a linked list or other data structure that would give you much more flexibility. The programmer's toolbox includes a bunch of function for linked lists.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Juan Carlos
N.I.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,522 Views)