From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CVI 5.5 OGL control setting snapshot

Hello all.
I've got a small 3d graph on a reasonably simple panel.
The panel settings can be saved easily enough using SavePanelState()but the OGL control settings do not appear be saved ( eg lighting, POV settings). I'd like the users configuration be kept when returning to that panel. Can I grab all the control settings without having to go through an exhaustive get/set for each OGL control attribute ?.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,550 Views)
Very good question. First, understand that SavePanelState saves off all VALUES of controls, not all attributes as well. If you have programmatically changed the attributes of any control at run-time, that information will not be saved off by SavePanelState. Unfortunately, custom controls like the OGL Graph, do not save off control values with SavePanelState. If you are using CVI 6.0, you could switch to our ActiveX 3D Graph from our VB tools instead of the OGL graph which WILL save off control settings with SavePanelState(). Otherwise, you will have to save the state of the OGL control manually.

Best Regards,

Chris Matthews
National Instruments
Message 2 of 2
(2,550 Views)