LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CVI 2015 - SSP ?

Hello all,

I see CVI 2015 in the list of service pack updates, but it comes with a lock that says I don't have a contract with the Standard Service Program. I normally have a full site license, so is that something extra, something new, or is it due to the fact I'm still on WinXP ?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,323 Views)

This is the standard Update Service behavior for SSP updates such as service packs and new release updates. SSP is tied to the serial number activated on your computer. How do you normally license LabWindows/CVI on your computer?

Thanks,

Daniel Dorroh
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,305 Views)

We have a licence server for all NI products for the entire lab (yeah, we are good customers...). Is it the licence server that may not up to date (I can ask them) ? Or my PC not doing things right with the licence server ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,286 Views)

Since you are on a VLA, your software activation is not going to be tied to a serial number, which is used to check whether you have SSP. The recommended approach here is to disable SSP checking through NI Update Service. You can do so by enabling File»Preferences»Unlock updates for which service is expired.

NoSSP.JPG

Daniel Dorroh
National Instruments
Message 4 of 6
(4,258 Views)

Thanks for the tip, I'd never noticed that option before. But it says that CVI2015 requires .NET 4.5, which I downloaded and which refused to install: WinXP not supported. So I guess that's it, I'll have to bite the bullet and ditch XP at some point.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,236 Views)

I apologize for not addressing the comment about XP earlier. The supported operating systems for LabWindows/CVI 2015 are as follows:

• Windows 8.1 (32-bit and 64-bit)
  • Windows 8.0 (32-bit and 64-bit)
  • Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit), including Starter Edition
  • Windows Server 2012 R2 (64-bit)
  • Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 2 (64-bit)

Also, to be specific, LabWindows/CVI 2015 requires the .NET Framework 4.5.2. I hope that information helps.

Warm regards,

Daniel Dorroh
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,220 Views)