LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CVI 2013 executable does not exist?

Electro,

Can you comment on your processor configuration? Also, does this occur with other projects (perhaps projects that do not need to be "checked out") or when you try to compile on another machine?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 22
(3,152 Views)

I'm developing on two machines and have seen the error on both:

My work station:

Win 7 Pro SP1, 64-bit

Intel i3, 3.3GHz CPU

4GB RAM

A laptop:

Win 7 Pro SP1, 64-bit

Intel Core2 Duo, 2.4GHz

2GB RAM

I'm not sure if there are any non-SVN project that would exhibit this problem.  99.9% of the work I do is with projects that reside in version control.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 22
(3,148 Views)

Is there a way to test the non-SVN theory? That could narrow it down at least. Also, DocRabbit, are your projects using some sort of source control as well?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 22
(3,128 Views)

Hi, BVeezy,

yes, I use Subversion too (as client I use Tortoise SVN or SmartSVN).

George

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 22
(3,125 Views)

It looks like this is relates to Source Code Control use with LabWindows/CVI 2013. The issue has been escalated and will be looked into.

Message 15 of 22
(3,109 Views)

Hi ElectroLund and George,

Where does your build place the debug executable? You would specify this in the  Build»Target Settings»Application file property. Is this set to a SCC location? Is it on a network?

Thanks,

Daniel

Daniel Dorroh
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 22
(3,104 Views)

Hi, Daniel,

in my case I always use local disk as target directory location. No network directories are used for any source files.

George

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 22
(3,101 Views)

Hi George,

Is your Application file set to the default project directory or is it in some custom directory on disk?

Thanks,

Daniel

Daniel Dorroh
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 22
(3,097 Views)

Me and DocRabbit have (what sounds like) identical scenarios.

In my case, I make an effort to use only local, relative path names in the Build and Distribution settings for my project.  This has worked out nicely for me, so that any other developer in our group can check out the project to wherever they prefer on their local machine and the project still builds without errors.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 22
(3,096 Views)

Has there been a fix to this?  I am running CVI 2015 and I see this error very often.  At times, I can't get past it.  I have to shut down and bring it back up.  I wonder if there is a way that I do the build on a "debug" version but my OS is 64-bit.  I know that shouldn't matter but I have no idea why it can't find the .exe file after it just built it and put it in the right location.  I am not on a network drive.  The build compiles and then copies the exe file to the project directory location.  When I run in debug mode, it can't find it but the error is not that helpful.  I wonder where it is looking or if there is a permission problem.

Bruce

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 22
(1,905 Views)